Heart in the Clouds

Friday, January 29, 2010

Finally some snow

Since it was a snowy/windy and cold day, I spent the day inside and re-potted some plants. I found this tip on the net and since I'm an avid tea drinker I had the tea bags and thought I would give it a try.

Prepare planter for potting
For healthier potted plants, place a few used tea bags on top of the drainage layer at the bottom of the planter before potting. The tea bags will retain water and leach nutrients to the soil.

I then spent the remainder of the day cleaning up the potting soil. Wow who knew that potting soil could get up and walk. I thought I had it contained to the kitchen but when I went down the hall I found traces of soil going from the kitchen to down the hallway, into the bedroom and into the bathroom. I'm blaming the dog...lol; as I didn't even go to those places while I was re-potting.

I didn't get any stitching done today but I have high hopes for this evening and tomorrow. I have plans to do nothing tomorrow. Lets see how that goes.

Took some pictures this morning of the snow that we received over night. It wasn't much but at least it some snow. We are suppose to get a few more centimeters this evening. I'm hoping!!!!



No comments: