Heart in the Clouds

Monday, February 1, 2010

It's February

Boy another month gone by already. It's funny how the older you get the faster time seems to go by. I really don't like February and March so I'm hoping that they go by quickly.

I'm not really much of a cook or a baker but I can make good homemade soup. Today I made Heart Lasagna Soup. Here's a copy of the recipe

1 pound ground beef

1 small onion, chopped

1 teaspoon minced garlic

1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes

3 1/2 cups Beef Broth (Regular, 50% Less Sodium or Certified Organic)

1 can (14 .5 ounces) diced tomatoes

1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning, crushed

1 1/2 cups uncooked mafalda or corkscrew-shaped pasta

1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

  • Cook the beef, onion, garlic and parsley in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat for 10 minutes, or until it's well browned, stirring often to break up the meat. Pour off any fat.
  • Stir the broth, tomatoes and Italian seasoning in the saucepan and heat to a boil.
  • Stir the pasta in the saucepan. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes or until the pasta is tender. Stir in the cheese. Serve with additional cheese, if desired.


I also got some more stitching done on my Cute as a Button ornament. I'm hoping to get some more done on it this evening while watching Castle. It's another favorite show. Usually I only like sci-fi tv shows but I love the character Castle. One minute he can be like a child but when he comes to dealing with his daughter he turns into this great dad.

No comments: